New Year, New Term....and hey, maybe even a prom?

First I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and I hope that the start to the new term has been good for you all! And I would also like to welcome all of the new MLIS students, as well as those returning from co-op! This upcoming term will be an exciting one and we have some great ideas brewing!

As the new Chair of the CLA- UWO Student Chapter, I wanted to write the first blog post of the term to express how excited, and nervous, I am to take over the position. Our last Chair, Robyn, has graduated and is now on the job hunt! Robyn worked incredibly hard to bring this student group back from the grave - literally. She is already missed, but we will continue to keep in contact with her. Your CLAers wish you all the best!

When I took over this position I was incredibly nervous about the role and expectations, as well as balancing school work with the work it takes to run a student group. I've been pleasantly surprised so far! Already I've made some great contacts including Chairs of other CLA student groups across the country. I hope to keep in contact with them to share ideas and hear what other groups are doing.

Another major project that Dan, the Vice-chair, and I took on today was cleaning out the CLA lockers in NCB. They were stuffed full of everything you could imagine, but we organized them and we are ready to go! I also found a lot of helpful information from past CLA Chairs which I read while making dinner tonight. The past CLA groups put on some fantastic activities such as networking events, library tours, and an MLIS prom (yes, Prom!). I was also impressed that the student group hosted the CLA President every fall. THIS would be an incredibly cool idea to resurrect. We have a lot of great ideas that we will build on and we hope to finalize the projects that we will take on this term at tomorrows meeting. My executive team has also been amazing, and you guys have already calmed my nerves. I can't wait to start planning events and fun group activities. Check back for more information on activities for the term, and don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Cheers!

Meagan Berry
UWO CLA Chair


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment